Monday 12 December 2011

Musical Interlude

The music session this afternoon started off a bit of a nightmare as the tunes were all played at fifty notes to the second, but I kept up with a couple and relied on bashing out chords (up to three different ones per tune. Yes, really!) for the rest. 

The main things are:

1.    I enjoyed it.
2.    I didn’t spoil it! 

Wonder if I’ll be asked again . . .  

The mix of fiddle, guitar, mandola and mandolin sounded damn good and the locals in the pub enjoyed it, as did the staff and landlady.  A bonus when one starts banging out tunes in a pub.  

So that was me playing out with the musical grown-ups.  I felt a bit like a character in a scene from a Laurel and Hardy or Buster Keaton film, hand-levering a railway car along the tracks after – or away from – a train. 

The thing I found, as in the film example, not to give up!       

No comments:

Post a Comment