Friday 2 December 2011

The Lumbar Curse

A minor tweak between L3 and L5 this morning was felt as an internal crunch and rumble, like that of unstable rock strata re-adjusting themselves along fault lines.

Oh, me and my analogies.

Anyway, the seismic shift has resulted in the expected loss of mobility.  If this was my first time ever I’d say it will wear off by this evening and I shall dance like nobody is watching tonight and tomorrow morning.  Since I am experienced in matters lumbar, I am cancelling all morris travelling commitments for a week at least.  These were significant this weekend: the fortnightly Galphay ceilidh tonight for a demonstration of appalachian clogging by Cricket on the Hearth; Knaresborough’s  Edwardian fair tomorrow morning for north-west morris dancing with Ripon City Morris Dancers.  Any possibility of sword dancing at Lightwater Valley with Pateley Longsword on Sunday has also evaporated and it is just as well that the same team’s planned dance out at Pateley Bridge tomorrow afternoon was cancelled for reasons beyond the team’s control.        

On a positive note it is a timely reminder that I am neglecting my mandolin, bought a year ago as insurance for when I hang up my taps, clogs and sensible black sword- dancing shoes.   

If I may be permitted a small expletive . . .  BUGGER!

No comments:

Post a Comment